Special Speeches and Toasts
In all of our lives, there are occasions where we have to make special speeches or toasts. Significant celebrations for relatives, co-workers or friends require that we make a few remarks.
Someone in your family or close friends will have a wedding, a retirement party, an anniversary celebration or milestone birthday. Your close relationship with the honored guest means that people will expect you to say something. This site can help you develop a speech or toast that will fit the person being honored as well as the special occasion.
I'm not saying that talking in front of a group of friends or strangers is an easy task.
The thought of getting up and saying a few words to a celebratory gathering - especially when those people are family, friends and business colleagues -- may terrify you. It's only natural to feel nervous. In fact, having a phobia about public speaking is so common that some surveys list it as the top fear many people have.
This site can help because I am an expert at special speeches. I know that when it is your turn to speak and be in the spotlight, you basically have two goals:
- You want to make the honored person feel good.
- You want whatever you say to make you look good.
A toast can be as short as two lines or as long as two minutes. A speech for most celebrations can be as long as five or six minutes and requires a dynamic opening and closing punctuated by some interesting tidbits about the person that reveals what makes him or her special to you.
With a little guidance, you can say the right words when the occasion demands that you say something memorable, classy and unique. I have suggestions that can help you tell others how you feel about the honored person in a way that accomplishes your goals.
Please check back often for tips on making special speeches, toasts and other types of presentations.
- Anniversary toasts and speeches
- Birthday toasts and speeches
- Birthday toasts and speeches are often funny and sometimes sentimental When honoring seniors citizens
birthday speeches pay tribute to their long life and wisdom and express the admiration of their friends and family.
- Retirement sayings and retirement wishes
- This collection of retirement sayings and verses may help you when you are writing a retirement toast or speech.
- Tributes and citations
- Tributes are special speeches that honor someone for what they have done or meant to others. Tributes may be in the form of speeches, written citations or roasts.
- Wedding Toasts
- Wedding toasts and how to plan who gives the toast at what time.
- Tribute to Mother
- <Make a tribute to Mother with one of these quotes or toasts that recognizes what a special woman Mom is.
- Quotes about Dad
- <Quotes about Dad are a perfect way to say something special on Father's Day
- Toast Tips
- These handy toast tips give help you prepare for your special occasion toast.
- Checklist for Speakers
- Here is checklist for speakers that you can use to analyze your speech as you
prepare for your next presentation.
- Resources for speakers
- These resources for speakers will help you polish your presentation
so that your message will be memorable.
- Business Presentations
- Business presentations -- whether spoken or written -- can have a major impact on your career.
- Father of the Bride toasts
- Father of the Bride toasts may be humorous or sentimental. Here are some samples.
- Speech Specifics
- You need not fear making toasts and speeches.
- Contact SpecialSpeeches
- contact page
- Sitemap for SpecialSpeeches
- Sitemap for SpecialSpeeches